Monday 8 April 2013

New Howling Griffons models

A report form last week's Invasion will follow shortly.

Whilst up at Warhammer World I treated myself to a Contemptor Dreadnought.  The Mortis pattern has BS5, Skyfire and Interceptor, so I also got 2 Kheres Assault Cannons - Heavy 6, S6, AP4 to sort out any flyers!

I am also working on a Landspeeder Storm, including the 6 scouts onboard and another unit of BP/CC scouts.  These are proving quite time-consuming, with the quartered colour-scheme, but I'm enjoying myself anyway.


At the weekend I picked up the new Tau codex, as as I might start some battle brother allies to my HG.  I could even be tempted to start a new army.  GW Newbury's new manager Matt (Quinn has been promoted to GW Swansea) has organised a painting competition using the new Cadre Fireblade model.  That is the only Tau model I got at the time, as there wasn't much left in store by the time I got there on Saturday.  


I have been reading the rules and fluff to decide first of all on which sept and colour scheme to go for.  My HG bases have been desert-style, if I want to go for allies, so a brown camo would make sense, but not the standard scheme.  On the other hand, I have a hankering for painting orange for a change - a mix of red and yellow of course!  The Borkan Sotek Green sept seems quite good fluff-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment