Wednesday 29 May 2013

Razorback turret - middle or rear?

Having got hold of the TL assault cannons I needed, I am just assembling a new Razorback for my Howling Griffons.  I have made both top hatches, so I can make it into a Rhino if needed.  However, whilst playing about with the turret, it occurred to me that it would make more sense to turn the hatch round, so the guns are in the middle of the tank, rather than at the rear.


 Picture 1 - rear position



Picture 2 - middle position.

This is the third Razorback I have made and I don't know why I have never realised this before.  The LCs from the kit are the main bit of the guns, with the barrels from the Ravenwing sprue ACs.  This makes the gun very long.  In the middle position the tip reaches the top of the front panel.  This would gain me about an inch in distance over the original LC in the 'official' position.

Looking around the Internet there seem to be a few Razorbacks out there with a central turret.  Has anyone done the same?  Have any opponents objected?



No comments:

Post a Comment