Wednesday 4 June 2014

Tale of Gamers - first month complete

My first 250 points of Orks for the GW Newbury competition are done.  Warboss Zogsmasha has a boduguard unit of Nobz with 3 big choppas and a Painboy.  I am very pleased with the camouflage on my Blood Axes and the technical paints are brilliant.  Typhus Corrosion on the metal with judicious Blood for the Blood God came out really well.  I have noticed a couple of details that I have missed, but I got the full 3 points for assembly, basing and painting.



We got in a few games on Saturday, but so far a draw has been my best result.  Having played Space Marines I need to get used to Ork armour and making the most of all available cover.  Even with feel no pain and two wounds each not enough of them were making it into combat to finish off the Necrons I was up against.  With the meta in early 7th still favouring shooting, this is no real surprise.

For June I will be adding a Battlewagon and 20 Boyz, which will give me more cannon fodder and force my opponents to make some decisions.  I am enjoying starting this new army and having great fun building the force.

The new Ork models also look very entertaining.   Although only the Gorkanaut has been announced officially, there are a few glimpses of new kits in the current White Dwarf.





No comments:

Post a Comment