Friday 31 July 2015

Starting a new marine army

A quick update on my latest project.

I was planning on building a homebrew chapter with the new SM codex. However, that changed when the Dark Angels book was released shortly after the Space Marines rules were updated. Their Grim Resolve rule makes them really useful as a defensive allied force, especially with a demi-company. I also like the interaction between Deathwing and Ravenwing. My having a Dark Vengeance box, including the limited Interrogator-Chaplain all still on sprues in the box persuaded me to start a DA force instead. Maybe one day I will do my own chapter.


As you can probably tell from the photo, I already have enough models for a demi-company and a Ravenwing formation. I have also used the leadbelcher spray I had for the basecoat. I really like the Guardians of the Covenant colour scheme and the red robes will tie in nicely with my Howling Griffons.  A Mechanicus force, or maybe even an Imperial Knight, would also complement this scheme well.

No comments:

Post a Comment