Sunday 20 May 2012

Sniper Scouts plus wasp

The next unit of Howling Griffons are nearly done.  I've been working on 5 Sniper Scouts this week.  I left the gun arms and heads on the sprues for ease of painting, before final assembly.  I normally build the models completely prior to undercoating and painting, but the cloaks and big guns would have made it harder to do the quartering and details.  Now that they are assembled, I am not sure I've got the head poses right.  Hmm...


I haven't used snipers before, so I'm interested in how to get the best out of them.  I'm still deciding on my Carnage list, but now have a Space Marine battleforce, as I want to do Armies on Parade as well.  I could expand the two current units, but instead next up will be a Tactical Squad, 5 at a time, so I can start getting some legal games with a mix of units.  I will definitely be adding a Scout with Heavy Bolter at some point, too.

Off topic - I seem to have been sharing my shed this weekend with a wasp.  I wondered why it kept coming back, then noticed that it had started building a nest!  I felt mean removing its WIP, but it hasn't given up yet.  Any suggestions on discouraging it from starting again?  And no, I don't plan on lighting a fire in the shed to smoke it out...!

No comments:

Post a Comment