Saturday 12 May 2012

Back from Germany

I've just spent a few days in Germany leading a school trip. I managed to spend a bit of hobby time over there and visited the GW stores in Darmstadt, Mannheim and Frankfurt. The Mannheim one had a particularly impressive Armies on Parade winner on display. It featured Dark Angels defending a ruined chapel, with some great details, like a lone Fallen Angel lurking around the back.



Whilst away I read the rest of the Soul Drinkers Omnibus, which has grown on me a lot. The idea of modelling Tellos and some purple, mutated assault marines with Khorne Bezerker rules seems like fun. Apparently the fourth part 'Chapter War' is no longer in print, so I shall probably download the e-book from Black Library, instead of waiting for the second omnibus.



In Frankfurt I picked up a box of Sniper Scouts, to add to my Howling Griffons Assault Marines to start making a viable 800 point army for Carnage next year. Quinn has also persuaded me to do my own Armies on Parade entry. The idea of Howling Griffons defending a Griffon statue comes to mind, based on the new Empire monster.

Oh, and I finally got one of these...


1 comment:

  1. If you want to focus on the howling griffons as a Carnage list for next year, i would love to team up with you and take my Howling Griffon Guard/Inquisiton list....lol

    WE shall have to start sorting list ideas (although if 6th is on its way) then can murder some people!

    ReplyDelete