Saturday 28 April 2012

GW Newbury Painting Competitions

Well I got the Chaplain finished earlier in time for the painting competition at GW Newbury.  There were two categories I entered.  The Chaplain was for the hero painting competition organised by GW nationally and the Assault Squad was for the local competition.


In terms of votes, the Chaplain did a little better than the Assault Squad.  Perhaps they were a little two shiny for most people, although I did get some very positive comments about them.  However, they were up against some very good models - well done to all the winners.  At least I can say mine were all done with the new paints and these were certainly my the best painted models I have ever done.  That is probably as much to do with the time and care I have taken over them, as with the new paints.  I do now have a lot of the new yellow and red paints, so I should make use of them and get some more Howling Griffons ready for battle.


Whilst finishing the metal on the Chaplain, I was a little unhappy with the overly reddish tint on the Gehanna's Gold colour, so I softened it with some Sepia wash.  I was then pleased to see that the gold dry colour is called Golden Griffon.  It fitted very nicely!



2 comments:

  1. Looking good and yes get some more Howling Griffons done, I want a cross-store doubles partner at the next 40K tournie, i can field my empire 40K and you can field the marines...so we have 11months to get them done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I had exactly the same thought.
    We will have to work out some lists and get some practice games in, but it sounds like fun. I assume it will be 800 pts and the same force selection rules. I will have a think while I am Germany for a few days next week.
    We'll need some themed objective markers too, of course!

    ReplyDelete