Sunday 8 April 2012

Mitorian XIII vs Eldar 1000 pts

I was buzzing with my (beginner's?) luck at our win at Carnage, so I was keen to test out the army again.

Thursday night is Veterans' Night at GW Newbury, so I was finally able to get the Chimera assembled and field the same 800pts myself.  I have given up on the Hydra idea for now, as a transport seemed more useful.

Quinn's Conqueror's certificate for the winning store was in pride of place by the till when I walked into the shop, so of course I stuck my certificate up next to it for the evening!  Just in case anyone hadn't heard!

There were a couple of games already going on, but after waiting for a bit, Quinn found an opponent for me with Matt, who wanted to try out some new Forge World models he had picked up at the Open Day in Warhammer World on Sunday, namely 5 Shadow Spectres and a Warp Hunter.  He was a fairly new player, but had some nice models.



We settled on 1000pts, so I simply added in a normal Leman Russ armed with lascannon and heavy bolter sponsons at exactly 200pts to my previous list and we rolled Spearhead deployment with Kill Points.

Yet again, my luck held, as I managed to seize the initiative on the first turn.  My Battle Cannon then scattered slightly from immobilizing the Warp Hunter to also destroy the Falcon next to it.  I also managed to disable his other Falcon, which meant his two squads of Dire Avengers plus Autarch had to walk right across the board into my massed guns.  When the Shadow Spectres turned up by Deep Strike, they ended up right in front of my troops and then their shot at my Leman Russ scattered off target, before I wiped them out with 57 las shots from my conscripts and an infantry squad.

The Warp Hunter was still around and I was gradually removing its weapons, whilst his troops were also being ground down.  My new chimera broke the 'unfinished models do badly' rule by flaming a unit of Dire Avengers and instant-killing the Autarch with its multi-laser, despite only having a black undercoat.  I'm afraid all his troops got shot to pieces, with the Warp Hunter the last unit to die.  I rolled a 5 on the damage table, which he made me re-roll.  My luck kept going as the re-roll turned up a 6!  My only casualty was a single veteran.

Quinn has now challenged me with his Grey Knights he took to Carnage, so I doubt very much my next Battle Report will be as one-sided, at least not in my favour.

My next project for the army is to make some Ogryns from the usual Fantasy Ogres, to fill the Elites gap and provide some more ability in combat.

No comments:

Post a Comment