Sunday 15 April 2012

Finecast chaplain problems

The Finecast chaplain with jump-pack seemed to be a good character to lead my fledgling unit, but I have not had the best of starts assembling him.



It is a clear April morning, so it was a little chilly out in the shed just now.  I noticed that the crozius arcanum was a little warped, so tried to flex it once to see if it would bend back into shape.  It snapped straight off just above the hand.  Then the feet almost broke off as I was gluing it to the base.  Finally, the detail on the jump-pack has not come out very well, as there are two big air bubbles right on the top corners of the air intakes and one of the skulls on the side is just a blob.

I know they suggest applying heat from a hair-dryer or hot water makes Finecast easy to reposition, but this seems far too brittle.  I wanted to use him for the painting competition, but he seems to be doomed to disaster.

This chaplain is my third Finecast purchase.  Logan was fine, although his cloak keeps coming off.  I have also bought some LOTR dwarfs / dwarves and the extended weapons on those seem a bit weak.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Finecast is a bit of a hit and miss, although GW policy is if its crap they should replace it.

    I have replaced models as well....I have started doing my empire themed howling griffons inquisition army.

    I have started the quartered style on a test model but am trying to find the red wash, its out of stock in Reading.....lol

    Although i have made some progress in the skaven, stormvermin are in progress

    ReplyDelete