Sunday 3 June 2012

Howling Griffons 800 pts list

Club this week was mainly spent getting some doubles teams organised for an interschools tournament Quinn is setting up at GW Newbury over half-term.  I am particularly looking forward to the Ork-Ork combo, including Dan's Deff Dread list from IA8.  I'm not sure what he can take at 600 pts each, but he has converted some great models, especially his grot tanks.  I shall try to get some pictures.



As we have a week off for half-term, I intend to get some more Howling Griffons done.  After some deliberation I have now come up with a list suitable for Carnage, ie 800pts, must have at least one each of Elite / Fast / Heavy before you can take a second.


HQ Chaplain
- jump pack

Troops Scouts
- 5 sniper rifles

Tactical Squad
- 10 Space Marines
- PW
- ML
- flamer

Fast Attack Assault Squad
- 5 Assault Marines
- PF / PP
- PP

Land Speeder  Storm

Elite Ironclad Dreadnought

Heavy Support Predator
- Autocannon
- HB sponsons

That gives me a couple of solid AV13 vehicles (I don't expect to see much AV14 at 800 pts), which will hopefully soak up some fire and whittle down any troops on objectives, before sneaking in with fast units to contest later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment