Saturday 17 May 2014

40K 7th Edition - rulebook decisions

So the rules update for 40K is now officially 7th edition, rather than a version 6.5.  With many of the rules already rumoured online, we will soon know for real what rules have changed, as we re-learn the game for the second time in as many years.  I think I may need to finish all the Librarians I have started for my Howling Griffons.

Of course, with my new army, I was looking forward to a new Orks vs BA starter box.  However, with today's White Dwarf stating that Dark Vengeance will be re-released with a new rulebook, an entirely new box seems unlikely in the very near future.  I wonder if it might be worth putting on my birthday list in August?

When 6th Edition arrived I ended up getting both the hardback rulebook and the mini version in DV, which always seemed a bit of a waste.  This time around, I was hoping just to get the starter set.  However, I will definitely not get DV again, as I still have all the sprues unmade in my first box, but will need the new rules to compete in the Tale of Gamers at GW Newbury with my new boyz.

A digital version seems the best compromise, although even the cheapest £40 for the epub version still seems excessive, when I really want the A5 softback.  I already have a couple of dataslates on my Samsung phone, but I just hope the full rulebook is easy to navigate quickly on my phone.

I am looking forward to the newest version of the game, but I wish GW would release the starter box at the same time, rather than hoping the staggered dates mean many gamers will end up buying both.



PS- A background story on my fledgling Orks will appear soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment